Karamvir K. Dhaliwal, Associate Attorney
Karamvir K. Dhaliwal is an associate attorney at Bender Law, PLLC. Karamvir has been with Bender Law since 2017, where she first began as a legal intern. Since 2017, she has worked closely with Rachel Bender and assisted on various complicated family law trials. Karamvir has taken the lead and assisted on matters involving dissolutions with children, parenting plans, and cases with domestic violence. Due to Karamvir’s background in working with survivors of domestic violence she is well equipped to delicately navigate the issues that often arise with her family law clients.
Karamvir received her Juris Doctor degree at Seattle University School of Law, and her bachelor’s degree from the University of Washington. The community Karamvir was raised in fuels her passion for the law. During her time in law school, she focused her work on giving back to her community by serving underrepresented populations. Karamvir was a part of the Gender Violence Immigration Clinic and an extern at the Northwest Immigrant Rights Project. During this time, she worked to get relief for an LGBTQ asylum seeker, assisted on a U-visa case for a domestic violence survivor, and worked on various naturalization cases.
In addition to English, she is fluent in Punjabi and proficient in Hindi.
Recipient of Mary H. Wechsler American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers Washington Scholarship for Social Justice in Family Law
King County Bar Foundation Scholar
The Balance of Safety and Religious Freedom: Allowing Sikhs the Right to Practice their Religion and Access Courthouses, Seattle Journal for Social Justice: Vol. 18 : Iss. 2 , Article 14.
Rachel Bender has obtained favorable outcomes for a wide range of clients in a variety of situations. See below for examples of her successes.
- She reached an advantageous high-six-figure settlement, including long-term spousal maintenance, for a spouse in the dissolution of a lengthy marriage.
- In the contentious dissolution of another long-term marriage, she obtained a complex multimillion-dollar agreement involving cash and local and international real estate assets for a high-net-worth financial-services professional.
- She negotiated a $500,000 cash settlement, plus multi-year spousal maintenance, for a spouse in a short-term marriage with no children.
- In a complicated short-term marriage dissolution, she secured a 100% ownership stake for her client in a jointly run business.
- She obtained a highly favorable $300,000 settlement, including long-term spousal maintenance, for a spouse in a long-term marriage dissolution.
- She helped her client gain multi-year spousal maintenance in a military divorce that followed a short-term marriage.
- In a highly contentious dissolution of a short-term marriage, we secured a five-figure settlement for her client.
- She successfully defended her client in a difficult non-parent custody action, obtaining favorable orders requiring the return of the child involved to the biological father.
Other Representative Cases
- She prevailed in a complex Trust and Estate Dispute Resolution Act (TEDRA) action against a rogue personal representative, obtaining a favorable cash settlement for the client-beneficiary.
- In a complex Medicaid appeal against DSHS involving sophisticated annuity classification issues, she secured a five-figure award for her client.
- She successfully defended her client in an administrative law-enforcement action brought by Regional Animal Services of King County.
- She served as co-lead counsel in a nationwide data-breach class action against a state agency, obtaining a multimillion-dollar, corrective-action settlement on behalf of plaintiffs and the class.