Rachel Bender, the owner and principal attorney of Bender Law, was raised by her maternal grandparents—so naturally, elder law has long been a passion of hers. A proud member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA), Rachel advocates for the elderly and their loved ones by managing:
- Preservation/transfer of assets to avoid spousal impoverishment when a spouse enters a nursing home.
- Planning for long-term care.
- Medicaid planning and application.
- Disability planning.
- Guardianship and conservatorship.
- Administration and management of trusts and estates.
- Nursing-home issues, including questions of patients’ rights and nursing-home quality.
- Elder abuse and fraud cases.